Sunday, 9 October 2016

#BreakTaboos

This blog is to #SpreadAwareness about Infertility through Infertility Dost, India’s first website that facilitates couples to brave infertility with support and knowledge. You can find other links  on Write Tribe.


We are living in 21st century, world is coming near, inequality between Men and women are decreasing, Woman are now not managing the home, office but also countries but sill infertility is a issue. If you cannot have kids or don't want to have kids then you will be treated as someone who is out of this world. As a consequence you have to hear many things and face mental harassment.

I got married in Feb, 2010. The day I entered my new home I was blessed and advised to have kids as soon as possible. My husband is the only male child of my in laws. So as soon as I got married, my in laws starting pressurizing me to get pregnant. But God has some other plans in his mind. Instead of trying hard, I could not get pregnant. I was taken to 100s of Gynecologists, Ayurveda doctors, Hakims and temples to cure my infertility. Relatives started making fun of me and also started saying that there is some problem in me. I was mentally tortured, harassed and addressed as unfit match for their son. I was actually made feel that am not complete as I don't have a kid.

Because of my infertility which was caused due to reproduction organs TB and was actually curable with time and medicines. I started loosing my self confidence and a deterioration in my health. I went into depression and blaming myself for all this. Finally, lately in year 2013, I got pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby. I was on cloud9 and full of gratitude to the God. 

During those three years I faced a real difficult times which includes:

1. Being called as unfit, Banjh, someone who is careless and more professional and don't want to bear kids. I became a point of gossip in social gatherings and often found ladies talking about me and my incapabilities. 

2. Everyone started giving me advises. the time I need the support of my near ones, I find them suggesting me the ways or showing their eagerness to see my kids.

3. I was literally mentally tortured by my in laws and relatives. I started ignoring going to family parties or other occasions. I made felt that without kid am actually incomplete.

4. I have to visit as many doctors as many being suggested by different people to my in laws. Even I was asked to go to temple everyday and try all possible medicines and prayers.

But time has changed now. Thanks to Geetanjli, the founder of Infertility Dost. InfertilityDost is India's first website that facilitates couples to brave infertility with support and knowledge. It hold hands, facilitate right guidance so that couples can take good decisions and stay away from misleading advertisements and fraud clinics, answer their queries by connecting them to experts, keep them motivated throughout this tough phase of life, reinforcing their strength and hope, helping them #Standup and fight society's stereotypes and prejudices, and simply reassuring them that everything is gonna all right.