Monday 1 February 2016

Fantastico tattoo

They are the mere creative stories written for the contest, nothing is related to my or anyone's real life


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.
Soon am going to be eighteenth. Its only 2 months left. My father and me share the same date of birthday just mine is two months after him. And today its his birthday and I am super excited about this.

obviously 18th birthday holds and important position in any of the person's life. Not government but people also start taking you seriously. They know now you are not a teenage. This time I have great plans for my father's birthday and did not want to ruin this chance anyway.

This was the only option I had. Heck, I had to do the holiday homework of a class mate in exchange of a special coupon that slashed the cost to half. Even then, the amount was not all.. I had to ask my friend for the money. At any cost i had to do it today only.

Otherwise, the charm of seeing smile of his face will be gone and will no be able to tell him that how much I love him. Thinking it i called my best friend and ask her to accompany me to the shop which is just few minutes away from our home.

We reached the shop and knocked at the glass door. A grumpy man in his mid 30s opened it, and looked at us. His look was very suggestive. Seemed he was sleeping inside his small cubicle and did not like us bothering him at this odd hour of the day. He clearly was not amused.

"Hello Bhaiya!"
"Yes tell me what you want"
I handed him the paper on which I had written it.
"You are so thin and skinny. I don't think you would be able to take it.
“No problem, I will manage.”
“Okay, if you think so. It would cost you 3000 Rs.”
“I know, but I have this discount coupon.”
“We no longer accept them. Someone printed a copy and sold it to kids like you. We had to stop accepting them.”
“But bhaiya, please! I don’t have the money. I had problem collecting even this much of the amount. See, this is a genuine one. My friend got it from your Facebook competition.”
“Okay, show me.”
He took the coupon and checked the serial number with a list in his mobile.
“This looks genuine. Fine! Give me your age proof.”
“What? Why?”
I was hoping that something would keep this question out of the conversation.

“Because we can’t proceed unless you prove that you are 18. This is the rule.”
“Bhaiya, I didn’t know of that. I haven’t brought it today. But I am 18+. I am in my first year of college. Don’t I look like one?” I tried to laugh but all that came out was a squeak.
“Listen, kid. I don’t have time for all this. Why do you have to get this today only? Bring me some age proof and I will do it.”
“But I have to get it done today,”I murmured. After telling the whole story to the shop owner, I finally convinced him and sat down on the chair.
I knew it was going to pain a lot, and I was ready.
I showed him my left wrist, right where I tied my wrist watch. The veins nearly popped out of it. Nobody would see it there, I thought. Nobody needed to know what I was doing with my life. Looking at those pale blue lines on her wrist, for once I decided to give up. But just then, all those memories struck me when he took pains for me. Today, it was my turn.
Once done with, I tried to stand up, but I was feeling dizzy. Holding myself together with my friend's help, I paid him whatever I had and came out of the shop. It was really fantastic and super.
The little ‘I Love You Papa’ tattoo was never going to leave me and would surely amaze Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment