Thursday 4 February 2016

impact of self confidence

They are the mere creative stories written for the contest, nothing is related to my or anyone's real life



This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.
Hmmm..I know I will not be able to keep the conversation up. I am too shy to talk to any one and f I dare to talk then hardly there is someone who likes to talk to me or my company. How should I start the conversation with him standing alone. A lot of questions start bothering me as I entered the party and decided to be social. The reason is my lack of self confidence. Though mom used to tell me I am a beautiful girl but even that unable to raise my self confidence.

Today is the birthday of my best friend, Rachna. She is a peppy girl with lots of friends but for me she is the only one. She has invited me on her 22nd birthday and that too in a discotheque. I always dreams of going in a disco, the glitter always attracted me, thats another thing that I was never able to cope u with it. Girls of my age have boy friends but am dying to have a friend even.

I first met Rachna in college, she was a member of debate society, music society and even dance group. She is very unlike me and I use to admire her for her self confidence which I lack. She is not at all beautiful, and look very small in front of my 5.6'' height yet, her self confidence make her look more beautiful and larger than me. She is my only friend as I help her in studies, her home work and other project work.

So finally after, 15 days of preparations I am going to attend the birthday party of my dear friend. My preparations took more time than Rachna's. Getting a new dress, pedicure, waxing, body polish, I have spent more than three thousand bucks on everything. Still mu confidence was not up.

"Oh my god! you are looking like a doll," exclaimed mom with a smile.
"for you am surely but not for everyone." I retorted back.

Mom though excited but stopped and hide her excitement after my such a cold reply. Till the time I was into the car, I kept on asking her about my looks, my hairs, my makeups and dress,

"Am I not looking too huge in this dress?, Hopefully am not looking like a white elephant, My hairs always look clumsy, am tired of them. They do not have any shine."

With my each word mom face was becoming more and more dull. She was tried to cheer me up but as usual am hopeless.

By the time I was in car mom hold my hand and ask me to promise her that will try to keep my confidence level up.

In party, Rachna gave me a glass of wine and I could not deny as does not want to show her my immaturity. Let me tell you, wine works magical in gaining the confidence. I danced, enjoyed and loved the whole aroma. This was the first time, I met my real self.

No comments:

Post a Comment